Powered by Blogger.
RSS

eBay can be addicting...

Prior to the first post about Houston shopping due to drop on July 15th, I thought I would run down a number of online sites that have been my go-to over the years.  So without further ado...

This may sound odd, but if I am looking for something particular, one of the first places I go is...eBay.

For instance, I have started collecting Alexander McQueen red dresses.  I love red, I love Alexander McQueen, and dresses are my fashion weakness, so this is a no-brainer.  In the last 12 months I have scored two red, prior season dresses and have been wildly happy with them.  As usual with online auctions, there is a risk that you will not get the item due to someone outbidding you at the last minute (happened to me with an awesome orange McQueen dress) or simply going past your "what am I willing to pay for this" threshold (this happens frequently).  However, an added bonus of the auction is the added pop of adrenaline and giddiness you feel when you win.  

However, eBay is not without its risks.  As with any online marketplace, there are going to be fraudsters, so buyer beware.  Never be afraid to ask for more pictures of an item or to ask for more details.  Most buyers are more than happy to oblige.  Also, if they require payment via Western Union, stay far, far away.  Lastly, try and stick with sellers who are top-rated and have higher feedback scores.  I have been fortunate in dealing with some folks who are simply eBay newbies who have lower feedback scores, but the feedback they did have was glowing.  Admittedly, I did pepper them with questions and they were all very patient and wonderful sellers.  However, I know this is not the case with everyone, so just be cautious.  Above all else, if a deal is too good to be true (New Hermes Kelly Handbag for $100), it probably is.

Here are a few of my wins...

My first great red Alexander McQueen dress
found on eBay in May 2012
My second great red Alexander McQueen dress
found on eBay in June 2012



And a few of my losses...




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment