Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Iconic McQueen item snagged on eBay!

Alexander McQueen's 1995 Highland Rape collection revolved around the Jacobite Risings and the Highland Clearances and introduced the McQueen Tartan for the first time. It was also the collection that cemented McQueen as a mover and shaker in the world of high fashion.  The Widows of Culloden, the 2006 Alexander McQueen Women's Autumn/Winter collection, revisited the Jacobite Risings which culminated with the final defeat of the Jacobites by the English in the Battle of Culloden.

The collection was full of nipped waists and augmented hip lines, all designed to exaggerate a woman's form.  The pieces were beautifully handcrafted.  The below was one of the looks from the runway...


I have long been looking for an Alexander McQueen piece in the tartan.  Lo and behold, eBay had an auction for this skirt a few weeks ago, and I won it.

Here is a photo of the skirt, which is now happily hanging in my closet.  I am still so excited that I was able to find this piece and was fortunate enough to win the auction to add it to my collection.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment