Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Houston's Very Own, Elaine Turner


When I first moved to Houston in 2009, I did not know who Elaine Turner was.  In trying to learn more about the city, I came across an charity event on Facebook at the Elaine Turner flagship store in Rice Village and decided to attend, and as the saying goes, that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  At that event, I fell in love with the Carolena handbag.  I immediately snagged one in black patent leather and later came back and got the pink Carolena handbag pictured below.


Elaine's handbags are very well made out of fantastic materials.  They are classic and trendy at the same time.  I usually get one or two new bags a year, though I am lagging this year.  In addition to handbags, Elaine also designs shoes and other accessories.  The shoes are of the same great quality as the handbags.  I generally stock up on flats and  boots at least once a year.  The handbags start around $150 for a clutch and go all the way to $750 for an exotic-skinned weekender.  Shoes start at $95 for flip flops and go up to $450 for boots.     

Similar to the event I attended way back in 2009, Elaine has a lot of charity shopping events at her stores (Flagship in Rice Village, CityCentre, and the new San Antonio location) which are announced via e-mail, Twitter, and Facebook.  Those events are a lot of fun with special treats and discounts.  Also, semi-annually, Elaine has big clearance sales to get ready for the new season.

Though I cannot speak of the sales staff and management at the CityCentre or San Antonio locations (I have yet to visit either, so will not cover those locations here), the staff and management at the Rice Village Flagship is absolutely wonderful. If they do not have an item in the color or size you want, they will call the other stores and the warehouse looking for it.  I always have a good time going in, even if it is just to browse.

The Elaine Turner Flagship can be found at 2439 University Blvd.   

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment